Who we are
Visit Knowle Ltd, Company no 12685157, Registered in England
Registered Office: Arundales, Stowe House, 1688 High Street, Knowle, B93 0LY.
Visit Knowle is committed to protecting, respecting your privacy and complying with data protection regulations.
This Statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, [the conditions under which we may disclose it to others] and how we keep it secure. The Statement may change from time to time, but the latest version will always appear on our website.
In compliance with regulations, personal information is only held when legally required, in support of contractual requests, for the legitimate purposes of running our organisation or with your consent.
Personal Information we Collect and Hold
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
We obtain and retain personal information in several ways, these are:
- In recruiting Members we collect names, addresses and contact details
- In recruiting Volunteers we collect names, addresses and contact details
- When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number
- In operating competitions and events, we collect names and contact details from Entrants and Participants
- In marketing Visit Knowle, we collect names and contact details of Stakeholders and Interested Parties (ie Persons who have explicitly asked to be kept informed).
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
How we use this Information and Why
We use personal information for a range of purpose, which are:
- We hold names, addresses, contact details of Members in order to manage and administer a Membership List and to send Newsletters, Annual Reports, Meeting Details and other operating information to our Membership
- We hold names, addresses, contact details of Volunteers in order to manage and administer our Volunteer Pool and to co-ordinate activities that we run
- We hold names and contact details of Competition Entrants in order to manage and administer the competitions and prize draws that we run and to notify winners
- We hold names and contact details of Event Participants in order to manage and administer the events, provide venue/joining details and undertake post-event reviews
- We hold names and contact details of Stakeholders and Interested Parties in order to keep them informed of relevant developments
- We fulfil our obligations under the CAP Code in publishing details of winners of prize competitions selected by a judging panel
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalise, and expand our website
- Understand and analyse how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud.
How we Store and Secure Personal Information
When we receive personal information, we take all appropriate precautions to ensure that it is retained securely. Only authorised persons are allowed access to it. All personal information held in electronic format is protected by strong passwords and is subject also to a secure process for holding backup copies. All personal information held on paper is retained in locked storage.
All personal information held by us is subject to a defined retention period, often a set period of years from your last contact or transaction with us. Details are available upon request (see below.)
Personal information may also be stored on our behalf by third parties (eg Google/Eventbrite etc), after we have validated their Privacy Policies and ensured that suitable agreements are in place.
Please note that transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted over the internet to us or any information that you request from us by email when sent to you.
Visitknowle.co.uk follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, visitknowle.co.uk uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that visitknowle.co.uk has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
When we Share Personal Information
We share Personal Information with other organisations on the following basis:
- Names and contact details of Competition Entrants may be collected by local retailers as agents of Visit Knowle and transmitted/delivered securely to us
- Names and contact details of Competition Winners may be shared with local businesses for the purposes of making a prize available
- Details of Competition Winners selected by Judging Panels will be published in compliance with the CAP Code
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have a right to request the permanent removal of personal information held about and we must comply unless we are able to demonstrate compelling grounds for not doing so.
The right to restrict processing – You have a right to object to any use that we make of your personal information and we must desist from making that use unless we are able to demonstrate compelling grounds for not doing so
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
visitknowle.co.uk does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
How to Exercise Your Rights or Make Other Enquiries
To exercise any of the above rights or to enquire further about any aspect of this Statement, please write to Visit Knowle via our Registered Office, address above. We have one month to respond to you.